Joomla is easily one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) for publishing content to websites. In terms of actual website implementations, it’s third, after WordPress and Shopify. The next version of Joomla, version 4.0, is just around the corner, and it has some exciting new features for everyone.
Joomla 4.0 is currently in beta, and the stable release will likely happen later this year or in early 2022.
Here are some features to look forward to:
- Easier installations: The new version will have an easier, faster and more user-friendly install process
- Updated Front End and Back End User Interfaces: the focus has been making these intuitive, easy to understand, and more efficient to use
- Better accessibility: Templates will now have accessibility Level AA of WCAG 2.1.
- A fully rebuilt Media Manager: With a clear and logical User Interface and built-in image editing options.
- A new Workflow: Allowing users to manage content in an advanced and customizable way.
- Web Services: Make your content accessible to other websites and for easy mobile app creation.
- Cast-iron security features: Features like support for prepared SQL statements, so your website stays safe and secure.
- HTML Mail Templates: Customisation of the emails, sending emails from your site has never been so easy!
- Improved and expanded Command Line Interface (CLI): For smooth integration of your components
- A cleaner and more powerful codebase: The code has been cleaned up thoroughly, all Joomla 3.x deprecated functions have been removed, and we use PHP namespaces, enabling developers to deliver more robust and innovative applications than ever before
- The power of the Joomla Framework merged into the CMS.
- An enhanced event dispatching system
Have a question about utilizing Joomla CMS for your website? Contact us and we’ll try to help!