Is this the year you switch website hosting providers for your website? There are more options for hosting companies now than ever before. More competition has led many hosting providers to up their game, offering better technology and customer service. But there are still many sub-par companies out there that bet on low pricing and high customer demand to keep customers despite their overall lack of features and services. Here are three aspects to focus on when you’re on your search for a new hosting service:
1. The right technology
If your website doesn’t work well under your new host, nothing else really matters. Look for one that has the right features for what you need, including levels of service that would still suit your website if your business were to grow.
Some of the features we at CanSpace offer our customers include:
- Free applications – install WordPress and many other e-commerce and web building scripts with just a few clicks
- WordPress optimized – all our web hosting servers are optimized for WordPress performance
- Upgrade your web hosting plan at any time
- All servers located in Canada, all data is always stored within Canadian borders
- Advanced SEO tools, included for free with our Medium web hosting and Professional web hosting plan, to get your site ranking as highly as possible in Google
- Create Email Accounts, MySQL Databases, FTP Accounts
- Create Git repositories, and deploy Node.js or Ruby applications
2. An emphasis on security
Just as there are more hosting companies than ever before, there are also more shady parties operating online than ever before. Whether you run a personal website or one for your business, having hackers steal your credentials, take over your site, delete your data, etc., can be a huge liability. If you’re dealing with any customer data, the risks increase even further.
Security is always top-of-mind for us at CanSpace, and we offer the following to all our hosting customers:
- 24/7 pro-active server monitoring
- DDoS protection included free of charge
- 99.9% Uptime
- Web Application Firewall monitors for attacks and exploits before they are able to take place
- Daily backups
3. Customer service
Sooner or later, you will need help on something from your hosting provider. When that time comes, you need someone who will be there to help quickly. Many hosting providers sell services and make up their revenue on numbers, knowing that most clients will not contact them for anything. That often leads to an inadequate or slow customer service capacity when something does happen (and if something happens to a server, chances are they will be hearing from a lot of customers at the same time).
Find a hosting partner that really cares about customer service. Our support team:
- Is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- strives to answer all support tickets within 5 minutes – even on weekends and holidays
Few companies hold themselves to that standard, because, yes, it does cost additional resources to offer that level of customer service. But, it makes all the difference to our clients.
Ready to host your website with CanSpace Solutions? Learn more about our options here.